Princess Margaret Hospital, 1965

Gallery Item
Description

Princess Margaret Hospital; entrance to 500 Sherbourne Street, c. 1960s. 

The Ontario Cancer Institute opened its new quarters in 1958 on Sherbourne Street, just north of Wellesley Hospital. It treated cancer patients and also engaged in research, and became well known for both endeavours. The treatment part of the institute came to be known as Princess Margaret Hospital.

 

References

Friedland, Martin L. The University of Toronto: A History. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 2002. 

Image: Princess Margaret Hospital entrance to 500 Sherbourne Street, c. 1960s. [photograph], b&w, Ontario Cancer Institute/Princess Margaret Hospital fonds, Department of Public Relations photographs and records, OCI-1B.12, University Health Network Archives, Toronto.

Related Content